10.31.2015

Quentin Weyer

Quentin Weyer, an upcoming talent from South Africa. Africa, full of potential and I wish I could find more wonderful artists from this continent. Quentin is highly original in his technique. Here is a quote from an interview published on digital showcase called 'from ten to five"; 


" I always begin with a rough sketch of the whole image, making sure that my composition looks good. Then I sketch out all my detailed areas on paper enabling me to erase and refine elements. From there I prep and paint my wood with a white wood primer, then lightly sand. My most recent technique is to paint layers of acrylic and sand through them to reveal an interesting wood grain effect, which I then begin to paint on and add detail to with a technical pen".
His illustrations are just awesome. 



















No comments: